HomeAboutFreebies

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Student Art Feature: Layered Character Portraits

For those of you that were wondering... Yes, I had snow. No, it was not enough to have a snow day. Yes, I was up early shoveling. Since then we have had some bitter cold days, with highs of 18. I don't even want to guess at what our wind chill was. However, I am crossing my fingers for some warmer weather this weekend.

As I was walking around School B and noticed some really cool art projects in the hall. As I was inquiring about them I learned that they were not just oil paintings, but they are in fact a stamped sheet with an oil portrait cut out and layered on top. They look so good you have to get up close and almost touch them to realize it is two layers.
Take a look for yourself.

Not sure if these are self portraits, or some sort of funky monsters, but they look great.






I believe this class read How I Became a Pirate by David Shannon, and made their own pirates.









Hope you have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Love the vibrance of the colors in those art projects!! Sooooo neat! I can't even imagine 18 degrees!!! I used to live north where there is snow but have not lived in Florida almost 25 years and have sadly become a wimp to the cold...like 40 is super cold to me...sad but true:( Have a great weekend:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so eye-catching!! Sorry to hear about your snow. So I know we live pretty far from each other but we're totally having similar weather. It's been FREEZING this week!! I can't take it anymore ('cause we've been totally spoiled with an unusually mild winter). It's snowing right now, on a Saturday, which means weekend shoveling, blah. I hope it's warming up in your area! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pirates! So brilliant, and so much detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the portraits!! Come on over and check out my latest post! It's something sweet for ya!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. Please come back again.